联系邮箱 Enquiry Email ：firstname.lastname@example.org Whatsapp& Wechat 微信: +65 8787 2131
A mobile app that lets users do their VAT refunds more conveniently.
A presentation to a European client.
- Native English to a very high level – 92% GRE Verbal score, top 8% of all test-takers.
- Advertising copywriter (in English) for 5 years, still active as an English writer.
- 2nd Class Honors (Upper) bachelors graduate in mass communications.
- Lived in China for 8 years, total work involvement in China: 10 years.
- Worked in the marketing department of a multinational corporation‘s China HQ for 6 years.
终端消费类营销 – 营销多种消费类产品给多种受众
应用及软件界面 – 风格需要直接简易，但亲切温馨
说明书 – 与图形一起解释使用。尽可能用短句及简易的词汇
PPT呈现/项目提案 – 拥有超过50次提案的战绩，我的翻译肯定具备自身的说服力
社会化媒体帖子内容 – 中英翻译一套帖子内容到指定的风格
Fields I Can Translate In.
- Consumer Marketing – Selling most types of consumer products to most target markets.
- User Interfaces (Apps, Software) – The tone needs to be direct and to the point, but pleasant and supportive.
- Instruction Manuals – Explaining with diagrams. Short sentences with controlled vocabulary.
- Business Presentation/ Pitches – Having crafted more than 50 marketing pitches, my translations will have the desired persuasiveness.
- Social Media Content – Translation of posts in a content calendar from Chinese to English, to the tone you require.
The Value of Human Translation Services, In The Age Of Machine Translation
Machine translation services, such as Google Translate, is a valuable tool that even seasoned translators sometimes use. If the goal is to translate something fast and free, with little consideration for context and persuasiveness, machine translation could be the answer. But machine translation only looks for paired word phrases and sentence constructions in its vast database, to spit out what has been translated in the past, without considering anything else.
If you’re looking to persuade, to engage human emotions, to creatively re-write a text in the local language so it’s most suitable for that culture or market, you will still need a human translator with the experiences to give the intended result. Understanding context is the key to translation quality. If you are shopping for a translator, you probably already concluded that machine translation of your content isn’t the solution you’re looking for.
Delivering At The Speed of Business
- Most jobs are turned-around the next working day.
- I can even offer same day or within 3 hours turnaround, subject to personal availability and additional fees.
- If it is a large project, I will work with the client project owner to fix a delivery schedule and will deliver to the timeline
I will do my best to meet your timeline. Even for extremely short turnarounds, I can usually work something out so that your schedule is unaffected.
Perhaps due to internal processes, different clients prefer different charging arrangements, and I try my best to be flexible in this so that clients are comfortable with the model. Personally, my preferred pricing arrangement would be by the number of source content words (in English or Chinese). It is simple, logical, and transparent for all parties. Costings are always customized to the client, so I can give the best possible price given the scope, time, and requirements. Feel free to contact me for a no-obligation quote.
Where Am I Based?
I am based in Singapore, and keeps GMT+8 time. (Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore). I welcome projects from all over the world, as long as we can communicate effectively over video or audio calls in English or Chinese, and the billing arrangement can be worked out.
A Bridge Linking The Western & Chinese Consumers
Being born a Singaporean Chinese in the 70s, I learned English and Chinese formally in school, but to be perfectly honest, I only cared for English then. It was the height of American influence: Hollywood movies, Apple IIe computers, and English for everything cool and fashionable. We identified with the American dream, and sometimes wished we were American. So I understand the western mind just like the way a citizen of a western country would, natively.
After graduating from mass communications at university, I ventured into advertising and became an English copywriter. My career progressed over the years, and my last corporate job was as a CMO of a startup. My entire training has been how to inform, to persuade, to create images and communicate brand attributes. So, I’m very good at going to the core of what to say and how to say it.
Since my early career, I have pretty much been in the Chinese mainland. For me, it was the wholesale updating of my Chinese to the way it is actually spoken on the mainland. So, ten years of being in China has transformed my Chinese to almost the way native Chinese people say or write.
During the China years, I worked in a consumer electronics multinational corporation and had to deal with Chinese firms big and small. Every day then, I was thinking of how to appeal to the Chinese consumer. Being the leader of the marketing department’s research unit, I was pouring through mountains of data, studies, and insights into what the Chinese consumer behaviour. Many times being on the negotiating table, I learned how business in China is actually conducted. Together, they gave me an understanding of the general Chinese consumer that I just couldn’t get through Googling alone.
微信：+65 8787 2131
Whatsapp: +65 8787 2131
Wechat: +65 8787 2131
Whatsapp: +65 8787 2131